Monday 30 April 2018

HAPPY 49th BIRTHDAY ME -- 30th APRIL 1969 - 2018

And here is to another year I've survived, one more to go till the big 50 but I remain very much in denial about that for now. Alive and kicking (just) but in a better place than I was some twelve months ago which is a big relief to me and I hope to make my road towards fifty full of fun and adventure.


I make a point of never working my birthday and once again have the week booked off to enjoy, so what to do with that time? Well today (Monday 30th) will pay a visit to the crematorium and see Mum and Dad. Have a nice lunch somewhere but will probably be alone, that's fine I've other things to do this week and will hopefully meet up with few friends and family. Later this week we have planned some days out which begin with an annual excursion to Ascot races on Wednesday will be joined by my big brother and few others. It's an annual event going racing for this meeting in particular we've been doing it for the last 15 years or so, usually a nice day out, plenty to see and do, met some lovely ladies last time out and if I am in a better state of health I will play things a lot differently if that repeats itself *ahem*. We will also cover the racing side of things over on a separate post in this blog as well as the Pontefract meeting which will also be on the Wednesday afternoon. 


Making plans for the rest of the week and on the agenda will be a short break to the seaside, usually go down to Brighton for a day out but as my friend Sarah moved to Bognor Regis last year and I've yet to see her so have booked myself a trip down there instead for a break. Going on the train Thursday lunchtime, returning at the weekend. Have found a hotel on the sea front within walking distance of the train station and beach, and all being well meeting up with my lovely friend on the Friday. Money has been a problem most of this year but as we have the week off to enjoy ourselves we will ensure we find somewhere to go out while I am down there on the south coast. 

As usual am not expecting any birthday cards, gifts or surprises, it will just be another day in amongst a fun week off to enjoy, relax and try hard not to keep thinking about all the mistakes I am still making, that will have to wait for another day. Used to get a little something for myself on my birthday though right now I neither can afford one nor deserve one, so if I do something it will be small. Have still been collecting some N Gauge items and will need a small board to set up a test track on perhaps? Will probably browse eBay and see if there is anything I can get as a gift for me.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME
BEST WISHES FROM ALL THE LADS ON THE ARK ROYAL!! 


They never forget a serviceman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment