Friday 26 August 2016

A BUSY BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND AHEAD

Many events this weekend which is of course the August Bank Holiday too which sees a host of Football, Horse Racing and Heritage Railway events too. 

This Saturday while AFC Wimbledon are away at Rochdale FC looking for their first win in League One this season I will be out attending an Open Day at Hillingdon Railway Modellers. 

Always a good day out for me as I get to take a few of my late fathers trains to give them a good run, he built plenty of O Gauge models and although I only have a small number of them left I can only display a few at home. 

The important thing is to be able to get them out of their storage boxes and go give them a run now and then as well as meeting the other members and seeing their models too. 

Does remind me of my Dad, and I still feel he's with me while I am still able to participate in this club and support their excellent work. Miss you Dad. x




That should keep me busy and out of mischief for Saturday, for me Sunday is usually a day of rest as intended, I would on most weeks be preparing myself for another exciting week ahead of work but of course we have the luxury of not only Monday being a Bank Holiday but I also have Tuesday off as well. 

Monday the plan is to head out to Windsor for the morning and lunchtime and have a peaceful time down by the riverside. Then probably aim to head back for late afternoon and will be following the various horse racing meeting around the country, with action from all over on the flat at Chepstow, Epsom Downs, Newcastle and Ripon as well as National Hunt action over the obstacles at Cartmel in the lake district. The latter always being a very popular meeting over the holiday, although it's not the easiest of courses to get to. 

That leaves me with an additional day off to enjoy on Tuesday, the aim being a day out on the Mid Hants Railway based in Alton. Will be an early start ... 


No comments:

Post a Comment